I’m always on the lookout for quick, on-the-go, protein snacks to enjoy after my workouts, and today I have a new one for you to try.
It’s important to fuel tired muscles and refill energy stores after exercise, and while there are plenty of protein bars on the market, making your own protein snacks using wholesome ingredients will help keep you on track with your nutrition and increase fat burn.
Whip up a batch of these tasty morsels to power you through the coming week…
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- ½ cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Lily’s stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup protein powder of choice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until fully combined. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Form the chilled dough into 30 balls. Store in the freezer, then pack in ziplock bags for on-the-go power snacking. Enjoy!
69 calories, 4g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 41mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 7g protein..